TENNESSEE STATEWIDE AMBER ALERT: Elizabeth Thomas | Click for details from TBI.

Civil Rights Compliance

Federal and State laws do not allow the Division of Health Care Finance and Administration (“HCFA”) to treat you differently because of your:

  • Race,
  • Color,
  • National Origin,
  • Disability,
  • Age,
  • Sex,
  • Religion, or
  • Any other Status/Group protected by law

Do you think you have been treated differently for these reasons? You or someone on your behalf can report a complaint to HCFA. HCFA is made up of these programs:

  • TennCare
  • CoverKids
  • AccessTN
  • HealthyTNBabies
  • CoverRx
  • Office of eHealth Initiatives
  • Strategic Planning and Innovation Group

You can learn more about reporting that you may have been treated differently by clicking on this link http://tn.gov/assets/entities/hcfa/attachments/HCFALearnAboutReport.pdf

Do you need the HCFA Discrimination Complaint Form? Click here for English Presione Aquí Spanish

If you are having a problem with your health care services find out who to call by clicking on this link

Physical health care? Call your Health Plan (MCO). You can find your Health Plan’s phone number on your member card.

If you are in TennCare and need your Health Plan’s contact information click on this link: http://www.tn.gov/tenncare/topic/managed-care-organizations

If you are in CoverKids call BlueCross Blue Shield 888-325-8386

Transportation? Call your Health Plan (MCO).

Mental health care? Call your Health Plan (MCO).

Dental care? Call DentaQuest at 855-418-1622.

Click on this link for DentaQuest’s Member Page for CoverKids and TennCare Members

Pharmacy? You can find out more about TennCare’s Pharmacy Services at this link: http://www.tn.gov/tenncare/topic/member-pharmacy

Find out more about CoverKids’ Pharmacy Services at this link: http://www.bcbst.com/manage-my-plan/pharmacies-and-prescriptions/drug-lists.page

You can find out more about CoverRx at this link: http://www.tn.gov/hcfa/section/coverrx

You can find out more about your civil rights and the laws that give you these rights by clicking on this link:

Click on this link for the Know your Civil Rights Factsheet

For Race, Color, National Origin information click on this link for Title VI Facts

For Disability information click on this link forSection 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act Facts

Click on this link for Non-Discrimination and HIV/AIDS or Related Condition Facts

Click on this link for Age Discrimination Act Facts

For information about Effective Communication for Persons Who Are Deaf or Hard of Hearing clink on this link http://www.hhs.gov/civil-rights/for-individuals/disability/effective-communication/index.html

You can find contact information for civil rights compliance by clicking on this link:

HCFA, Office of Civil Rights Compliance

Call Toll Free: 855-857-1673
Local Calls: 615-507-6474
Free / gratis TRS Call / llame 711 Ask / pregunte 877-779-3103

Email: HCFA.Fairtreatment@tn.gov

Write to:
310 Great Circle Road; Floor 4W
Nashville, TN 37243

U.S. Department of Health & Human Services - Region IV Office for Civil Rights

Call/: (800) 368-1019
TTY/TDD: Toll Free 1-800-537-7697

Use Complaint Portal:

Write to:
U.S. DHHS / Region IV Office for Civil Rights
Sam Nunn Atlanta Federal Center, Suite 16T70
61 Forsyth Street, SW
Atlanta, Georgia 30303-8909

Tennessee Human Rights Commission

Call Toll Free: 1-800-251-3589
Local Calls: 615-741-5825
Fax 615-253-1886

Website: tn.gov/humanrights

Complaint Form:

Write to:
Central Office, Tennessee Tower
312 Rosa Parks Ave., 23rd Floor
Nashville, Tennessee 37243

U.S. Department of Justice

Call Toll Free: 800-514-0301 (voice)
TTY Toll Free: 800-514-0383

To file ADA complaint online: http://www.ada.gov/complaint/

Write to:
950 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Civil Rights Division
Disability Rights Section – 1425 NYAV
Washington, D.C. 20530

Civil Rights Notice

Have a disability and need free help or an auxiliary aid or service (Braille, Large Print)?

Need Language Help?