Employee Assistance Program
Currently, the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and behavioral health benefits are being administered by Optum. In 2016, benefits were administered by Magellan. If you have questions about transitioning your care from Magellan to Optum, see below.
The ParTNers EAP provides you and your family with both workplace and personal resources. Your ParTNers EAP provides confidential financial and legal services, assistance finding eldercare or dependent care services, emotional counseling and much more — all at NO COST to members and their dependents.
EAP services are offered at no cost to all state group insurance program participants and their eligible family members. State and higher education employees do not have to be enrolled in health coverage to participate.
- All services are confidential and available at no cost to you
- New TeleBehavioral Health — talk to a provider over the phone
- You can easily access services by calling 855.437.3486 — available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- You may use up to five, no cost counseling sessions per problem episode.
Preauthorization is required to utilize your EAP. Simply go to Here4TN.com or call 855.437.3486 to obtain your preauthorization. If you prefer to access services over the phone, telephonic counseling is available as well as face-to-face appointments.
State only: With your manager's approval, you may use work time up to 10 hours annually, to see an EAP provider.
The EAP can help with:
Confidential and anonymous access to a wide variety of information and resources can be found at Here4TN.com.
Members enrolled in health coverage also have behavioral health and substance abuse treatment benefits. You do not have to sign up to receive this benefit.
Services generally include the following:
- Outpatient assessment and treatment
- Inpatient assessment and treatment
- Alternative care such as partial hospitalization, residential treatment and intensive outpatient treatment
- Treatment follow-up and aftercare
To receive maximum benefit coverage, participants must use a network provider. Preauthorization is required for some outpatient and all inpatient services. You can learn more by visiting Here4TN.com or calling 855.HERE.4.TN (855.437.3486) any time, day or night, to speak confidentially with a trained professional for a referral or preauthorization.
Participants may see an out-of-network mental health provider without calling for a referral; however, coinsurance and copayments will be higher. Participants are also subject to balance billing by the out-of-network provider, meaning that they will pay the difference between the maximum allowable charge and the actual charge. In addition, participants are at risk of having inpatient benefits totally denied. Certain services are specifically excluded under the terms and conditions of the state group insurance program.
Transition of Care
Transition of care benefit from Magellan to Optum will be available between Jan. 1, 2017, and March 31, 2017.
- Available to members who are in active outpatient care with an in-network Magellan provider, but provider is currently out-of-network with Optum
- Claims will be treated as in-network between Jan. 1, 2017, through March 31, 2017
- Call 855.HERE.4.TN (855.437.3486) between Dec. 1, 2016, and Jan. 31, 2017, to access the benefit
- Optum will work to recruit your provider, or will assist in finding an in-network provider
- Members in higher levels of care on Dec. 31, 2016, will be transitioned from Magellan to Optum to be managed as of Jan. 1, 2017
- Members will receive a welcome packet in December 2016 with more information
Services and Resources
- Training Opportunities
In addition, your ParTNers EAP can deliver onsite trainings — more than 70 different trainings are available for groups of 15 or more. To arrange training in 2017, contact Melissa Ward at 612.632.5456 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Addressing Negative or Difficult Relationships
- Managing Your Stress for Health and Wellness
- Relaxation Techniques for Mind Body Wellness
- The Power of Resiliency: Successfully Negotiate Life's Twists and Turns
- Building a Winning Team
- Congratulations, You're in Charge Now! Go Forth and Supervise
- Drug Free Workplace — A Leader's Guide
- From Manager to Coach: Making the Shift
- Helping Employees Manage Job Stress
- Leading in Times of Flux: Guiding Employees through Workplace Change
- Living Healthy Working Well: A Leader's Orientation to the EAP
- Prepared - Not Scared Resolving Conflict Creatively as a Leader
- Achieve Professional Success through Emotional Intelligence
- Active Listening: Essential Skills for Effective Communication
- Bring Out the Best in Others
- Intimate Partner Violence — The Workplace Responds
- Persevering in Times of Workplace Change
- Principles of Assertive Living
- Resolving Conflicts Creatively
Chemical Dependency/Substance Abuse
- Alcohol and Drug Awareness
- Talking to Family and Friends about Alcohol and Drugs
- DOT Alcohol and Drug Awareness
- Self Assessments and Tests
Alcohol and Depression Screening
Confidential and anonymous screening for depression and alcohol are available online for employees and dependents. Results are given immediately after completion of the screening. If you have a positive score, remember that your EAP provides up to five no cost sessions.
Anonymous, confidential screenings and self-tests are also available for the following:
- Anger management
- Anxiety disorder
- Eating disorders
- Nutrition knowledge
- Career motivation
- Conflict management
- Emotional intelligence
- Goal setting
Training for Leaders Your ParTNers Employee Assistance Program provides specialized training for managers. Your EAP provides dozens of opportunities for leaders to develop emotional intelligence skills. Many of the trainings are designed to help know when to refer employees who may benefit from EAP counseling services. We ask that you have at least 15 employees available for the training.
- Webinars and Podcasts
Various seminar topics are available for viewing on the internet online at Here4TN.com. Handouts are available for printing from each webinar. Some of the topics are:
- Achieve Professional Success through Emotional Intelligence After a Financial Loss
- Beating Job Stress at its Own Game
- Conflicts in a Relationship — How Do You React?
- Controlling Stress When Your Income Drops
- Creating Successful Interactions with Customers
- Getting Better Sleep
- Parenting Challenges in Today's World
- Personal Goal Setting or Resetting
- Sandwich Generation