The intent of these BIM standards is to provide for the consistent development and management of Building Information Models on state building projects. These BIM standards apply to Designers and their Consultants, and/or to Contractors and their Subcontractors, selected by the State of Tennessee Real Estate Asset Management (STREAM), the University of Tennessee (UT), and the Tennessee Board of Regents (TBR) for projects designated to use BIM. Additionally, these BIM standards may be voluntarily used by Designers, and/or may be voluntarily used by Contractors, working on State projects who choose on their own to use BIM and agree to do so according to the State’s standards.
BIM Standards Document
- COBie Validator Software
- To download COBie Validator Software, click
- Microsoft Access or Access Runtime will be required
- Revit Templates
- To download Revit Templates, click
- The COBie toolkit is an Add-In tool that will help teams to create and export COBie compliant files.
- COBie Spreadsheet Sample
- Instructions, click
- Sample construction closeout COBie file - for practice using the COBie Validator and understanding error reports, click
- Tekla BIMsight (go to website for download)
- A tool used by State project managers to view the BIM model and register review comments. Note: administrative rights will need to be established by IT for utilization
- Project Manager BIM Checklist
- Town Hall Powerpoints
- Training Videos