Director of Human Resources
State of Tennessee
Department of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (DIDD)
DIDD is seeking to fill a Director of Human Resources position. This Director position is stationed in Nashville and manages a staff of approximately 20 human resources and payroll employees in 6 different offices across the state.
Duties and Responsibilities
- As part of the executive leadership team and in alignment with the agency strategy, directs the human resources management functions of a complex state agency with multiple locations.
- Develops strong working relationships with executives, management and staff, providing advice, guidance, coaching and counseling as needed. Works cooperatively with facility directors regarding the supervision and discipline of employees.
- Oversees the implementation and administration of human resources policies, programs and practices, laws and standards related to legal compliance, occupational health and safety, and employee relations.
- Assigns, trains, supervise and evaluates departmental human resources staff in their work, providing guidance on technical matters.
- Establishes staffing practices and procedures necessary to recruit and retain an effective workforce.
- Leads the implementation of a performance management system.
- Directs a process of organizational developmental addressing issues such as succession planning, workforce development, employee retention, workflow efficiency and change management.
- Monitors the human resources budget.
Bachelor’s Degree in a Human Resources related field with five or more years of increasingly responsible professional staff administration and/or analytic work with at least three years of professional human resources work.
Desired Leadership Competencies
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Process Management
- Command Skills
- Action Oriented
- Organizational Agility
- Presentation Skills
- Comfort around Higher Management
- Managing Diversity
Send Resume to
The State of TN is an Equal Opportunity Employer