TFF211 - Introduction to Strategy & Tactics Train-the-Trainer
Safe and effective firefighting requires a complex thought process. It is not a simple matter of “how to.” Decisions depend on many factors, from the type of building, to the likelihood of occupancy, to the water supply. This strategy and tactics class prepares the fire officer to take command at structure fires, fully utilizing available resources in a safe and effective manner. The goal of this class is to present proven tactics and strategies used at structure fires so that the fire officer may take full advantage of proven techniques. Under the ACI program, the applicant will have completed training or certification that they are seeking to teach; have completed the corresponding Train the Trainer program; and have completed Fire Instructor I or comparable Instructor Methodology training.
- $45.00 (For members of a recognized Fire Department)
- Please contact TFACA for non-member and/or group pricing.
Must be 18 years of age.
Maximum Class Size
Required Student Materials
National Fire Protection (NFPA) 1021, Standard for Fire Officer Professional Qualifications 2009 Edition
- Student will be able to describe how the fire officer prepares to take command at structure fires, fully utilizing available resources in a safe and effective manner.
- Student will be able to describe how to utilize strategy and tactics to the best advantage at structure fires.
- Student will be able to complete required TFACA paperwork for the class he/she is teaching.