TFF110-041 Residential Smoke Alarm Installation TtT
The course was developed to prepare personnel to offer their respective departments training on residential fire alarm installations. This curriculum educates firefighters on the types of smoke alarms, recommended installation locations within the residence, preventive maintenance and encourages fire prevention education while interacting with residence. Under the ACI program, the applicant will have completed training or certification that they are seeking to teach; have completed the corresponding Train the Trainer program; and have completed Fire Instructor I or comparable Instructor Methodology training.
- $45.00 if attending as a member of a recognized Fire Department.
- Please contact TFACA for non-member and/or group pricing information.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Maximum Class Size
Required Student Materials
NFPA 72 Standard on National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code, 2010 edition , US Consumer Product, Manufacturer recommendations for model specific detector being installed.
- Student will be able to describe the two primary types of smoke alarm sensors.
- Student will be able to identify areas where smoke alarms should and should not be installed in residences.
- Student will be able to complete required TFACA paperwork for the class he/she is teaching.