IO101 - Basic Firefighting Instructor Orientation
This course is designed to provide basic fire ground skills necessary to operate and perform on the fire ground. The program is geared to volunteer firefighters and others who are unable to attend longer duration programs. The course covers sections of NFPA 1403: Live Fire Training Evolutions meeting the basic skill level for the student to participate in “live” firefighting training activities.
This course is a pre-requisite for students who wish to attend the 16-hour F111 - Firefighter I Live Burn course at the Academy. The student will receive a certificate for Basic Firefighting upon successful completion of written and practical testing.
Under the ACI program, the applicant will have completed training or certification that they are seeking to teach; have completed the corresponding Train the Trainer program; and have completed Fire Instructor I or comparable Instructor Methodology training.
- $45.00 (For members of a recognized Fire Department)
- Please contact TFACA for non-member and/or group pricing.
Must be 18 years of age.
Maximum Class Size
TBD by hosting organization
Required Student Materials
- Jones & Bartlett Fundamentals of Firefighting Skills 3rd Edition
- Student will meet the "Basic" component required in minimum training established in Tennessee Code Annotated (TCA) 4-24-112-2, as outlined by NFPA 1403.
- Student will be able to complete required TFACA paperwork for the class he/she is teaching.