FP120 Fire Investigator
This course is designed to assist fire investigators in conducting a variety of fire investigations. This course covers the span of the 2011 edition of NFPA 921, Guide for Fire and Explosion Investigations and addresses all of the job performance requirements in the 2009 edition of NFPA 1033, Standard for Professional Qualifications for Fire Investigators. This course meets the national certification criteria for Fire Investigator.
- $133.00 if attending as a member of a recognized Fire Department.
- Please contact TFACA for non-member and/or group pricing information.
Arson Detection for the First Responder, 10 CFITRAINER.NET classes (NFPA 1033 and Your Career, The Scientific Method for Fire/Explosion Investigations, Introduction to Evidence, Documenting the Event, Physical Evidence at the Fire Scene, Motor Vehicle Fires, Introduction to Fire Dynamics and Modeling, Investigating Fatal Fires, Fundamentals of Residential Building Construction, Fire Protection Systems)
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Maximum Class Size
Required Student Materials
- Jones & Bartlett Fire Investigator 3rd Edition
- Students will be able to explain the purpose of the scientific method.
- Students will be able to describe the conditions necessary for a fire to exist.
- Students will be able to recognize fire patterns.
- Students will be able to discuss the structural integrity of construction assemblies during a fire.
- Students will pass a written examination and practical examination that will demonstrate skills and ability required to perform a safe and systematic fire investigation for a variety of fire scenes.