FO120 - Conducting Live Fire Evolutions
This course is designed to provide the student with a basic understanding of how to safely conduct Live Fire Training evolutions in accordance with the requirements of National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Standard 1001, Standard for Firefighter Professional Qualifications and NFPA1403, Standard on Live Fire Training Evolutions. The student is provided with the necessary knowledge and tools to properly prepare and conduct live fire-training evolutions and an in-depth analysis of NFPA 1403. This class includes evolutions at traditional municipal training centers, gas fired training buildings, exterior props, vehicle fire simulators, acquired structures and exterior Class A and B fires. This class includes practical applications and live firefighting evolutions.
- $85.00 (For members of a recognized Fire Department)
- Please contact TFACA for non-member and/or group pricing.
- Firefighter I
- Fire Instructor I
- ICS 300
Must be 18 years of age.
Maximum Class Size
Required Student Materials
- NFPA Compliant Protective Firefighting Gear including SCBA
- Student will have an understanding of NFPA 1403 Standard on Live Fire Training Evolutions.
- Student will be able to conduct a safe live fire practical training exercise as outlined by NFPA 1403 Standard on Live Fire Training Evolutions.
After successful completion of this class, students will have met the TN Commission on Firefighting requirements to conduct a Live Fire class.