FO102 - Fire Instructor II
This course is designed to teach fire department instructor job responsibilities including skills to analyze training needs of a department and develop a comprehensive training program. The student will learn to construct behavioral objectives, perform job breakdowns, develop instructor guide sheets and develop and use visual aids. Out-of-class work and practical teaching assignments are used to practice and demonstrate instructional skill development. The course meets selected requirements of NFPA 1041: Fire Service Instructor Professional Qualifications. After completion of the course, eligible students may take the Tennessee Commission on Fire Fighting Personnel and Standard Education certification exam for Fire Instructor II.
- $171.00 (For members of a recognized Fire Department)
- Please contact TFACA for non-member and/or group pricing.
Fire Instructor I
Must be 18 years of age.
Fire Instructor II (Please note: To test for this certification, you must meet all prerequisites established by the Tennessee Firefighting Personnel Standards and Education Commission.)
Maximum Class Size
Required Student Materials
- Jones & Bartlett Fire Service Instructor Principles & Practice 2nd Edition (Book Only)
- Students will be able to prepare lesson plan components and determine the expected outcomes of the training session.
- Students will use and define the four step method of instruction and use this method in their lesson plan.