FF218 - Hazardous Materials Awareness
This Awareness Level training offered at the Tennessee Fire and Codes Academy is formatted to the individuals and emergency responders who are likely to witness, discover or respond to a hazardous substance release. They are also trained to define a hazardous material and its risks, recognize a release, identify the material if possible, and identify the need for additional resources, such as the area Hazmat Team. This includes law enforcement personnel.
- $51.00 (For members of a recognized Fire Department)
- Please contact TFACA for non-member and/or group pricing.
Must be 18 years of age.
Maximum Class Size
Required Student Materials
- Jones & Bartlett Hazardous Materials Awareness and Operations 2nd Edition
- Student will have an understanding of hazardous substances and the risks associated with them in an emergency.
- Student will have an understanding of the potential outcomes associated with an emergency created when hazardous substances are present.
- Student will have the ability to recognize the presence of hazardous substances in an emergency.
- Student will have an understanding of the role of the first responder at the Awareness Level, including site security and control and use of the U. S. Department of Transportation’s Emergency Response Guidebook.
- Student will have the ability to realize the need for additional resources and to provide good information to the communication center.