FF216 Calling the Mayday
This activity is designed to increase the awareness of both career and volunteer firefighters and related emergency service personnel who may be required to call a mayday or respond to a mayday incident. This activity is not designed to supplant local operation procedures and does not purport to instruct firefighters in all aspects of mayday response. This training class does not replace the need for hands-on training and for practice in calling for or responding to mayday incidents.
- $35.00 (For members of a recognized Fire Department)
- Please contact TFACA for non-member and/or group pricing.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Maximum Class Size
Required Student Materials
- NFPA Compliant Protective Firefighting Clothing
- NFPA Compliant SCBA
National Fire Protection (NFPA) 1001, Standard for Firefighter Professional Qualifications
NFA H134- AHVP 463-1301- Calling the Mayday: Hands-on Training for Firefighters
- Student will be able to define a mayday situation.
- Student will be able to identify why firefighters fail to or delay calling a mayday.
- Student will be able to identify mayday decision making parameters and calling procedure.
- Students will be able to identify mayday training and drill needs for the fire service.