FF175 Firefighter Survival Get Out Alive
This course is designed to prepare firefighters for the dangers that are present on the modern day fireground. Students learn and demonstrate proven survival skills that have prevented firefighters in the past from dying when unexpected events occur.
Topics include SCBA emergencies, escapes and confidence, entanglement emergencies, wall breeches, and disorientation emergencies. Additional topics include anchors and knots, rope escape techniques, hose slide, straddle, hang and drop. This course is geared towards keeping the firefighter from becoming trapped in a situation where they themselves would require rescue.
- $51.00 (For members of a recognized Fire Department)
- Please contact TFACA for non-member and/or group pricing.
- Basic Firefighting
- Firefighter I Live Burn
Must be 18 years of age.
Maximum Class Size
Required Student Materials
- NFPA Compliant Structural Firefighting Clothing
- NFPA Compliant SCBA
- Student will be able to list common hazard indicators that would alert firefighters to potentially life threatening situations.
- Student will show proficiency at maintaining team integrity, initiate emergency communication procedures, and maintain orientation.
- Student will show proficiency at self-rescue techniques, air management procedures, and SCBA emergencies.
This course requires a high degree of physical fitness and the ability to cope with physically and mentally demanding situations.