FF171 Hazardous Materials Operations
This course is designed to help the firefighter learn to recognize the presence of hazardous materials and take appropriate action as a first responder at the operations level. This course is designed for first responders who at the Operations level respond to releases or potential releases of hazardous substances as part of the initial response to the site for the purpose of protecting nearby persons, property or the environment from the effects of the release. They are trained to respond in a defensive fashion without actually attempting to stop the release. Their function is to contain the release at a safe distance, keeping it from spreading and preventing exposures. It meets OSHA, EPA and NFPA training objectives. This course is IFSAC accredited.
- $93.00 (For members of a recognized Fire Department)
- Please contact TFACA for non-member and/or group pricing.
Must be 18 years of age.
Maximum Class Size
Required Student Materials
- Jones & Bartlett Hazardous Materials Awareness and Operations 2nd Edition
- NFPA Compliant Personal Protective Equipment
- Student will learn how to identify products using the ERG guidebook and other identifiers.
- Student will learn basic decontamination.
- Student will learn confinement and control of materials.