FF151 Advanced Ventilation
This course is designed to educate firefighters and officers in basic and advanced ventilation techniques used in structural firefighting operations. The course covers natural and mechanical ventilation methodology with emphasis on the latest techniques and concepts including; ventilation limited fires, flow path management, ventilation/fire attack coordination, and positive pressure ventilation.
- $51.00 (For members of a recognized Fire Department)
- Please contact TFACA for non-member and/or group pricing.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Maximum Class Size
Required Student Materials
- NFPA Compliant Structural Firefighting Clothing
- NFPA Compliant SCBA
- Students will be able to explain the conditions that lead to a ventilation limited fire.
- Students will show proficiency with mechanical, natural, horizontal and vertical ventilation.
- Students will be able to describe how ventilation operations affect the behavior of fire especially fires in a ventilation limited state.
- Students will be able to describe the concepts of flow path management and ventilation/fire attack coordination.
- Students will be able to describe the possible negative implications of improper timing and techniques during ventilation operations.