FA107 Aerial Driver Operator - Week 2
This course is the second in a two-part series designed to provide the student with hands-on practical training in the operation of fire service aerial apparatus. The course builds on the knowledge gained in Driver/Operator Aerial Week 1. The student will conduct practical training in preventative maintenance, positioning and driving the apparatus. The course meets the NFPA 1002: Fire Apparatus Driver/Operator Professional Qualifications, Chapter 4. At the end of the two weeks, eligible students may take the Tennessee Commission on Firefighting Personnel and Standard Education certification exam for Driver/Operator Aerial.
- $133.00 (For members of a recognized Fire Department)
- Please contact TFACA for non-member and/or group pricing.
Aerial Driver Operator Week 1
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Upon completion to student is eligible to test for Aerial/Driver Operator Certification with the TN Firefighting Personnel StandarTNds and Education Commission.
Maximum Class Size
Required Student Materials
- NFPA Compliant Structural Firefighting Clothing
- IFSTA Aerial Apparatus Driver/Operator 2nd Edition Textbook only
- IFSTA Pumping and Aerial Apparatus / Driver Operator 3rd Edition
- Students will be able to identify victim removal priorities for aerial devices.
- Students will be able to show proficiency operating an articulating aerial device under adverse conditions.
- Students will be able to show proficiency operating a telescoping aerial device under adverse conditions.
- Students will be able to show proficiency using aerial device for rescue from various advantage points.