FA106 Aerial Driver Operator - Week 1
This course is the first in a two-part series designed to instruct the student in the maintenance and operation of aerial apparatus. Course topics include types and construction of aerial apparatus, driving and tillering of aerial apparatus, positioning, stabilizing, and operating of telescoping and articulating. The course also covers the fundamentals of strategies and tactics for utilizing aerial apparatus on emergency scenes and provides the student with the ability to understand what to inspect and test. The course meets the NFPA 1002: Fire Apparatus Driver/Operator Professional Qualifications, Chapter 4.
- $133.00 (For members of a recognized Fire Department)
- Please contact TFACA for non-member and/or group pricing.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Maximum Class Size
Required Student Materials
- NFPA Compliant Structural Firefighting Clothing
- IFSTA Aerial Apparatus Driver/Operator 2nd Edition Textbook only
- IFSTA Pumping and Aerial Apparatus / Driver Operator 3rd Edition
- Students will be able to describe skills and physical abilities needed by aerial apparatus operator.
- Students will have a working knowledge of basic causes of apparatus collisions.
- Students will be able to identify tactical considerations that affect positioning of an aerial apparatus.
- Students should be able to describe a systematic maintenance program.