Community Risk Issues and Prevention Interventions
This 2-day course is designed for students who work in the field of prevention. Students learn a basic overview of the "three E's" of prevention--education, engineering, and enforcement. The course concludes that the most effective way to combat community risk issues is to develop strategies that use all "three E's." The course is designed to provide the motivation and leadership for local organizations to enhance their prevention efforts.
Not yet assigned
- Please contact TFACA for non-member and group pricing.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Maximum Class Size
Required Student Materials
- Students will learn to evaluate the types and levels of community prevention.
- Students will learn how injuries, fires, and burns can be prevented.
- Students will learn strategies and countermeasures to help people understand the injury, fire, or burn event and reduce the loss.
- Students will learn prevention approaches, behavior changes, legislation, and enforcement engineering.