TN Reconnect Grant
Begins in Fall 2018 semester.
- Tennessee resident for one (1) year prior to date of application
- File the FAFSA by the deadline date (to be determined) and be classified as an independent student
- Be enrolled in a federal Title IV eligible curriculum of courses leading to a certificate or associate degree
- Not have previously earned an associate degree or baccalaureate degree
- Enroll in and attend at least six (6) hours at an eligible institution
- Maintain a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA at the end of the academic year as determined by the institution
- Participate in a college success program, as determined by the Tennessee Higher Education Commission
Award amount varies based on amount of remaining tuition and mandatory fees after all other gift aid has first been applied.
Scholarship is terminated after the student has attained an associate degree of certificate in an eligible program of study OR the student has attempted the total number of semester hours necessary for completion of an eligible program of study as determined under Title IV satisfactory academic progress standards, inclusive of any postsecondary hours transferred to the eligible program of study which were earned prior to enrollment at the postsecondary institution as a TN Reconnect student OR five (5) years have passed since the date of initial enrollment as a TN Reconnect grant student.
How To Apply:
Submit the Tennessee Reconnect Grant application here
Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov
For a list of eligible institutions, click here
Please visit www.tnreconnect.gov for additional information