Community College Reconnect Grant
Program ends in Summer 2018 and students who remain eligible will begin participating in the Tennessee Reconnect Grant Program
- Tennessee resident and U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- File the FAFSA by the deadline date (fall – September 1, spring and summer – February 1) and be classified as an independent student
- Be in pursuit of an associate degree
- Enroll in and attend at least six (6) hours at an eligible institution
- Maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA at the end of the academic year, as determined by the institution
Award amount varies based on amount of remaining tuition and mandatory fees after all other gift aid has first been applied.
Scholarship is terminated after student earns an associate degree OR no longer maintains continuous enrollment or minimum 2.0 GPA OR attempts the number of hours necessary for completion of the associate degree.
How To Apply:
Submit Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by September 1 (fall) or February 1 (spring/summer) at www.fafsa.gov.
Funds are disbursed to the community colleges in the form of a block grant. Institutions will determine eligible recipients based on a first-come, first-served methodology and the limited availability of funding.