File a Consumer Complaint

The Department of Commerce and Insurance, Division of Consumer Affairs (DCA) works to enforce the Tennessee Consumer Protection Act and to educate consumers on the latest scams and threats that could cause harm.
To file a complaint against a company, an individual, or a business entity, contact DCA:

Tennessee Division of Consumer Affairs
500 James Robertson Pkwy., 12th Floor
Nashville, TN 37243-0600
Telephone: (615) 741-4737
Fax: (615) 532-4994
If Inside Tennessee: (800) 342-8385
Created in 1977, DCA works to mediate consumer complaints with the business. In doing so, DCA may forward a copy of your complaint to the business for response.
The Attorney General’s Office cannot represent you in your complaint against a business. If you need legal advice or assistance, you should consult a private attorney. Failure to commence legal action within certain time frames may bar you from obtaining legal relief. Therefore, you should act quickly to consult with an attorney to review your rights.
You can also check out a company before you do business with them. Contact DCA for information on the number of complaints against a business and the status of those complaints.