September 10, 2007
TENNESSEE ARTS COMMISSION SEEKS PERFORMING ARTS DIRECTOR
NASHVILLE - - The Tennessee Arts Commission is currently seeking applicants for the position of Director of Performing Arts. Application must be made through the State of Tennessee Department of Human Resources. The opening date for application for this position is Sept. 11, 2007. The closing date is Sept. 25, 2007. The State of Tennessee employment application may be accessed through this Web site: www.tennesseeanytime.org/tnjobs/ . (The Job Class for this position is: Arts Program Coordinator 2. The Class Code is: 78272.)
In addition to meeting the basic requirements for this position, the Arts Commission is looking for a qualified arts professional that:
- Has previously worked professionally in arts management with at least one nonprofit dance, music, theater, opera or performing arts presenting organization.
- Has grant making experience.
- Possesses a dance, music, or theater-related degree from an accredited college or university and/or has worked as a professional dancer, actor, vocalist or instrumentalist.
- Is a team-player and has the ability to handle a number of different projects within the same general time period.
- Is available to travel in or out-of-state on a frequent basis.
For further information about applying for this position, please refer to the Tennessee Department of Human Resources Web site: www.tennessee.gov/dohr/ or phone the TDHR at 615-741-4841.
The Tennessee Arts Commission is a state agency that funds and supports quality arts experiences that add value to the lives of every citizen,and enhance the quality of life in Tennessee communities.
# # #