Eligibility Requirements and Cost Share Options
To Be Eligible for TAEP Cost Share, applicant must:
- Be a citizen of the United States of America or lawfully present in the United States.
- Be a Tennessee resident operating a farm located in Tennessee.
- Be at least 18 years old during the application period.
- Meet minimum livestock/acreage requirements for each program(s).
- Head of livestock = maximum number of single type, regardless of sex or age, at one time during the last 12 months.
- Have filed a Federal IRS Schedule F (Form 1040), Profit or Loss from Farming, within the last two years (2015 or 2016).
- Applicant will not be required to submit a copy of their Schedule F at the time of application. However, applicant may be asked to submit a copy of their Schedule F prior to TAEP approval to verify their farming operation. If your operation does not file a schedule F, please contact TAEP about alternate documentation to verify farming status.
- Have appropriate certification based on type of livestock producer.
CATTLE (beef and dairy) must have current Beef Quality Assurance Certification (BQA) at time of application.
- BQA certifications must be renewed every three years and CURRENT at time of application.
- BQA is a two-hour educational course on cattle management and care sponsored by the Tennessee Cattlemen’s Association (TCA). Contact TCA for additional information on BQA classes at 615-896-2333, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.tncattle.org or your local UT Extension office, utextension.tennessee.edu.
- Online BQA courses are eligible.
SWINE must have current Pork Quality Assurance Plus Certification (PQA) at time of application.
- PQA Plus is a two-hour educational course on swine management and care sponsored by the Tennessee Pork Producers Association (TPPA). PQA certifications must be renewed every three years and CURRENT at time of application. Contact TPPA for additional information on PQA Plus classes at 615-274-6533 or email@example.com.
DAIRY (cattle, goats and sheep) must be permitted by TDA to be eligible as a dairy at time of application.
- Contact TDA Consumer and Industry Services, Food and Dairy Division, at 615-837-5193, for permit information.
Certifications and permits, as specified by program, must be completed by the applicant. No substitutions allowed. This applies to: BQA, PQA, dairy permit and master producer certifications.